Field Archaeology and Project Management
Fieldwork and excavation research design, desk-based assessments and historiography, logistics planning, readiness and execution.
- Project and team management
- On-site training, supervision and health & safety oversight
- Watching briefs and evaluations
- Post-excavation specialist analysis coordination, including bio/geo-archaeological samples, radiocarbon aging and Bayesian modelling
- Referral-based recommendations for related field specialisations
Lithic Assemblage Analysis
Attribute and metrics-based lithics analysis protocols, multi-period characterisation, specialist and public reports, archive preparation.
- In-field and on-site sampling and recovery techniques
- Risk assessment and conservation/mitigation advice for lithic-based archaeological assets, especially Late Glacial, Mesolithic and Neolithic resources
- Rapid, summary-level or in-depth artefact and assemblage characterisation – diagnostics, technology, chaînes opératoires, function, chronology and diachronic trends, spatial distribution, raw materials, local and regional context
- Catalogue creation, photographic recording, report preparation – OASIS, HER, Grey Literature, Specialist Reports
- Interpretation and copy writing for literature, displays, exhibitions, stakeholders
- Assessment of legitimate legacy private collections, including integrity checks for artefacts, provenance and documentary records, digitisation potential, ownership legitimacy, suitability for public archive submission
Training and Education
Training and evangelism across all abilities and age groups, including schoolchildren, teachers, students and community volunteers.
- Creative learning activities for schools and advice for teachers on prehistoric lithics, ancient technologies, prehistory, depth-of-time comprehension, and archaeology as a discipline
- Hands-on teaching collection and mock-up lithic assemblages
- Education resource and curriculum development
- Guided site and landscape walks, hands-on finds handling coordination
- On-site training and skills development
Public relations and web-based social media presence, archaeological interpretation, display and exhibition, collateral copy writing, editorial guidance, publication and dissemination.
- Integration of website, social media and cloud applications for audience-building, surveys and polling, calls-to-action, news aggregation, content management, analytics, e-publishing, digital archiving, and customer / stakeholder relationship management
- Advice on and implementation of current technologies including WordPress, MailChimp, LinkedIn, SurveyMonkey, Eventbrite, Facebook, Twitter, ISSUU, Scoop.it, Dropbox, Salesforce.com
- Writing and editorial assistance, publication readiness (print and online), advice on design and specialist service provider referrals – such as finds and environmental specialists, geophysicists (remote sensing), geochemists, osteo- and bio-archaeologists, 3d scanning experts (site and artefacts), illustrators and visualisation artists
Contact TimeVista to discuss your project or requirements.